It is not easy to get traffic to a blog or website, especially a new one. It is frustrating more especially when you are broke and ready to start monetizing and earning. Below are a few free ways to learn how to build and increase traffic to your blog or website.
1. Content is always king.
Like they say- Content is King. It is the honest truth. Most monetizing websites such as Google AdSense will not accept you unless you have lots of content. If you don’t have content, readers will not come back to your site or blog to click on your ads. Make sure you give out all that you know. Offer free, original, unique, useful and helpful content to your readers so that they will return and never even think of going somewhere else for information that is more quality than yours. Don’t leave anything out nor hold back anything, let the content be informative because you will have lots of competition. Teach your visitors so that they have a reason for coming back to your blog or website thus you will have high earning potential. By the way make sure that it’s your own content, not copied and pasted from other websites.
2. Use Google Ad Words and Market samurai keyword Tool for your SEO.
These tools are very powerful and utterly useful in helping you find great keywords (SEO) to use on your blog or website. Then you can use these (SEO) - that is keywords that make your website rank high on Google by putting them on your article headings, body and Meta Tags.
3. High Paying Niche.
Some people will tell you to make sure you research first about the most popular niches because some niches pay more than others. I say stick to a topic niche of what you love and know best because you will never get bored, or get stuck on what to tell your readers. I know it makes a lot of sense because you can earn better. For example, the ads on a site that is about “making money” will pay more than a site for “softball games”.
4. Submit a sitemap.xtm file to Google, Yahoo, Bing and other major search engines so that your website shows up in their search engines.
5. Enhance your website or blog with adding short simple to follow videos and attractive pictures that are relevant to your content or what you are writing about. This will definitely improve your traffic as some people prefer and enjoy listening and watching videos as well as pictures much better than reading.
6. Get back links on your website.
Always get back links and comment on other blogs. Make sure that you leave your link on their threads all the time.
7. Exchange links with other websites.
8. Social Media.
Use social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pintrest, instagram and Twitter. Follow and share content with others. The social media will help to promote and market your blog or website. Make sure that you follow others so that you have followers as well.
9. Use E-zines, email marketing and participate on forums and discussion boards of similar topic to yours. You can even start discussions yourself. Use big search engines such as Google, Bing, MSN and Yahoo.
10. Word Of Mouth.
Word of mouth is one powerful tool for promoting your blog or website thus bringing traffic along.
12. Give out free bies such as eBooks, attractive fliers, software such as DVDs, CDs as well as free downloads.
13. Social Network.
Make sure you promote your sites through social media-Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pintrest etc.
In conclusion, promoting your website will bring heavy traffic to your blog or website thus making it possible for you to monetize and make money. Traffic plays a major role in making money with big monetizing websites such as Google AdSense, Hubpages, Chikita etc. The heavier traffic in your blog or site, the more clicks you will get, and the money you will earn. .