What is a Blogger?
A blogger is someone who keeps an electronic diary or journal sort of thing and writes their daily experience or thoughts. www.tentblogger.com defines a blogger as a personal diary .A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking news outlet. A collective of links. Your own personal thoughts.
You can choose to have your own blog or be a guest blogger to other people’s blogs. As a blogger you can even teach or tell people of a service or give out advice that you have. Then you can make money through programs such as Google AdSense, Amazon Associates,Chikita, Elance.com,HubPages.com or even sell your products through EBay.com or Amazon.com as affiliates . Some people blog just because they have information to share and some because they truly love writing. They don’t care to make money out of blogging. Now, time to talk about blogging using a platform called blogger.com.
How to Blog Using Blogger.com
www.Blogger.com is an online service that bloggers or website owners use to publish web blogs and websites. It is owned and powered by Google and is one of the most popular blogging services on the internet. Blogger is free to use and signing up is as east as 1,2,3. It is one of the first webhosting sites that I used with my beauty blog(www.beautyTrendsMakeupTrends.blogspot.com).
With blogger.com, one can keep it as simple as they like or customize their theme. One of the down falls of Blogger is that it has limited space storage but most people upgrade or move to webhosting sites such as Wordpress.org, HostGator.com, BlueHost.com, GoDaddy.com and GreenGeek.com when their businesses expand. Below is a short tutorial for new bloggers who are willing to use Blogger.com as their hosting platform.
1. Visit www.blogger.com on Google web browser or any browser of your choice.
2. If you do not have a Google or Gmail account please sign up here www.Google.com
3. Choose your blog name and check availability.
4. Enter word verification and click “continue”.
5. Choose a basic design starter template and start blogging.
Now it is time to learn how to create a new post for your blog or website below. In a few minutes your website or blog will be up and running as well as looking all professional.
How to Create a New Post
1. Click a button labeled “New Post” on your left.
2. Choose and write your topic.
3. Write your body or content.
4. Hit “Publish” button when you are done. If you wish, you can save your content and publish later.
5. If you are a newbie I will advise you to stick to the simple template. You can customize your blog with Blogger even though it is not that flexible.
6. If you want a more customized blog then go to your left hand and click, “Settings” button to add and adjust as you wish features such as “publishing comments” and adding new authors” “permissions”.