What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social network which is free to sign up. You will be allowed to create a profile,upload a picture,follow friends,family and celebrities. The posts are called tweets and not long as the ones for other platforms such as Facebook. They are about 140 words that you are allowed to post.Unlike other social media platforms, anyone can publicly follow you without your approval. You can use #hashtags with your keyword on Tweeter.
There are over 500 million Twitter users. That makes Twitter one of the great traffic driver social websites. So if you use it well, twitter can bring your blog or website heavy traffic.
People think it is very easy. You really need to be active, creative and have lots of quality content to make your readers want to keep on coming back for more.
Ways to use Twitter to Bring Traffic to your Blog
1. Make sure to put in a picture or logo.
2. Place your website in your "bio" description.
3. Choose a username that is the same as your website name.
4. Make a habit of tweeting at least once a day, if not more.
5. Start following people, developing a community and posting daily for about 2 months since your account will be new and without followers. Now you can start looking for followers.
6. Follow people with lots of followers.
7.Try building 20 followers in a week from community post and discussion forums.
8. Now you can start tweeting.
9. Make short and interesting Tweets.
10. Get creative with ‘links” as you tweet them.
11. Give your followers a taste of your content by including a little quote of your content.
12. If your followers like your “quote”, always retweet it.
13. Use #Hash tags all the time. If anyone tweets using your hashtag, it will show up in the feed for that #hash tag search thus generating more interest in your blog or website and more traffic as well.
14. Use @mentions to send a tweet directly to followers, customers, or anyone else on Twitter. If your blog post comments on well-known or popular bloggers, website masters, companies or customers, mention them in a tweet that links back to your post, you might get lucky and your tweet will be retweeted to their followers as well.
15. If you also mention the author or name of the blog post or, maybe a guest blogger on your blog or site try to mention them in a tweet that links back to their post, you might get lucky and get a retweet to their followers.
16. If someone mentions your blog or website content on their Twitter, make sure you retweet their tweet.
17. Asking for a retweet (or RT) is a fab way of getting your blog related tweets retweeted. So make it a habit of asking your followers to retweet, or RT your update.
18. A cool and attractive picture or image in your blog post tweet will definitely attract traffic to your site. Just make sure that it coordinates with your post.
19. Always ask a “question” that could arouse curiosity or make readers instantly make a click in your tweet as well as can generating lots of engagement thus making you get more clicks to your site.
20. Set up a contest, sweepstake and competition on your website or blog to give the new readers a reason to visit.
Always remember that the more appealing, exciting and attractive your tweets are, the more your followers will click on them, and the more they will drive traffic back to your blog.