There are many Web hosting companies out there, and each one has its pros and cons. Bluehost is one of the largest WordPress hosting providers. It is quiet old since it has been hosting since 1996. Bluehost is one of the most reliable, cheap, organized and high performance hosts. Bluehost servers can handle extra load that usually comes with Wordpress very well without downtime. The beauty of it is that Bluehost is also optimized for Wordpress blog.
I was using blogger and wordpress free platforms for my beauty blog before and as I wanted to start monetizing and make money I moved to Bluehost. I fell in love with it at that time. The installation is easy and simple so I did it under 20 minutes. You can read more in this article guide on how to install Bluehost.
What to Look for in a Web Hosting Service
Being a blogger, I have learnt that some of the things we look for in a web hosting service are:
- Reliability to keep the blog or website to be always running.
- If it is affordable and or have deals and discounts.
- Customer support and service when we face technical issues.
- Hardware to ensure that we are using the best server quality.
- Performance: if your website or blog will load fast, has speed and server response.
Bluehost offers shared web hosting services, multiple or unlimited sites or add-ons without paying additional hosting fees. They also offer unlimited bandwidth, disk space, email accounts, forwarder, and web mail. BlueHost includes a free domain if you choose either a 1 or 2 year hosting plans. I chose this year long plan and am enjoying it. Bluehost uses cPanel web server to manage, transfer, and create data bases, files, email and to install other programs. Bluehost offers free website builder and thousands of templates.
Bluehost offers a wide variety of hosting plans for beginners to larger businesses with a 24/7 customer support and I will try to explain them below
1. Basic Plan
The packages’ normal prices start from as little as $7.95 per month. Bluehost have special discount that goes for $3.95 per month for 12 months , 24 months and 36 months plans. If you want to create only one website, you should buy the basic package.
2. Plus Plan
If you plan to host multiple sites, go with the “plus” package. The packages start from as little as $10.99 per month but the special offer is $5.95 per month for 12 months, 24 months and 36 months plans. My recommendation for most users would be the “plus” package as it offers everything you need.
3. Prime Plan
The Bluehost package for prime plans normally is as little as $14.99 per month but the special discount is $5.95 for 12 months, 24 months and 36 months term.
Bluehost supports Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover as well as the more secure and no hassle payment method called PayPal. You can have your money back if you want a refund as Bluehost has the 30 day money back Guarantee. Bluehost often have discounts as well. Check out the discounts here.
BlueHost has a very reliable and better 24/7 customer service and support. They have a toll free telephone number which you can call anytime if you are stuck, live chat which is my favourite, email support, ticket system, wizard for step by step guides and you can watch video tutorials to learn how to use your account etc. BlueHost has a forum as well for its people. Compared to other hosting services, I would rate Bluehost’s customer support as 4/5.
Since Bluehost servers are optimized for WordPress hosting, you will have very few issues with them. And also I think the service is great as they have ample experience since they have been in business. Bluehost also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not happy with their hosting, you can cancel your account within the first 30 days and get a full refund! Grab bluehost discounted plan host in this link.
· Bluehostprovides backups and data restoration for free.
· It has a Wordpress install button that you can click on once and automatically be installed.
· Other free softwares such as Drupal, Magento, Ecommerce shopping carts, guest books etc come along with Bluehost packages.
· Google Ad words voucher/credit is also offered for an extra charge of $100 to help in advertising and marketing your site.
· Bluehostoffers an affiliate program whereby they will pay you a commission of $65 per referral you bring to them.
How to Sign up for Bluehost
1. Navigate to www.google.com.
2. Register with www.Wordpress.org.
3. Give wordPress a few needed details.
4. Open your Bluehost hosting account.
5. Select auto install, follow the procedure.
6. Give it a few minutes and your installation will be successful and you will have full control over your website or blog.
7. Sign up at www.Bluehost.com.
8. Bluehost will charge you $5.95 per month.
9. Provide them with your details.
If you want to learn how to create a blog using Bluehost visit this article I wrote.