There are several webhosting services such as BlueHost, GoDaddy, Hostgator,DreamHost etc. that a blogger can create their blog or website with.Web hosting platform called HostGator is one of the very good, reliable and popular hosting websites among them. HostGator has been here since 2002. HostGator is well reputed to have good customer support which is 24/7/365 days. The support is through phone, email and live chat daily.
- Hostgator offers reseller, shared, dedicated and VPS server arrangements for blog owners and web masters.
- Apparently they have fast servers.
- All their packages come with unlimited disk space, data base, domain add-ons, email accounts as well as email forwarder and guarantee a 99.9% of uptime.
- Hostgator uses the cPanel web server management software for file transfer, email management etc.
- They offer 1 click installation scripts such as of WordPress called QuickInstall as well as Magento, Joomla, Drupal etc. software, Ecommerce shopping carts, guest books etc.
- Hostgator will charge you extra dollars to restore an automated backup.
- Manual backups can be performed for free via cPanel.
- They also offer website builder software.
- They provide $100 Google AdWords and $100 Bing Ads credit voucher to market your site or blog.
How to Register Domain Name through Hostgator
It is important that your domain name should be very relevant with your website content. Make certain that your domain name is easy to remember and simple to read. A .com is better that a .net, .org, etc. as it is really popular.
How to Sign up for Hostgator Domain Name Using Credit Card
There are a couple of methods you could choose to register to Hostgator. One of them is by a credit/debit card.
- Visit their homepage www.Hostgator.com for registration.
- You will have to provide your payment information. It is safe and secure.
- Hostgator offers SSL certificate which is for secured connections since credit card info will be provided or needed.
- It takes a few minutes and then you will be out and running.
- Click here to register for Hostgator.
How to Sign up for Hostgator Domain Name Using PayPal
PayPal is a very good way of making payments when you don’t want to disclose your credit/debit card information. Almost everyone who purchases and or pay stuff online nowadays use PayPal. It is free and easy to join. PayPal uses its own SSL certificate as well, that’s why it is very secure.
- First you have to sign up for a PayPal account at their homepage www.PayPal.com .
- Click sign up for free.
- Enter your email address and create and confirm a password.
- Fill out the form of your personal information: name, address and phone number.
- Enter your credit/debit card (optional).you can do it now or later.
- Enter your bank account information. You can link the account later.
- Click here to register for Hostgator.
HostGator Hosting Plans
HostGator is actually offering 3 plans with different features and prices. Clients have the option of paying monthly or yearly through credit card and PayPal payments. The choice is all yours but I will advise you to purchase yearly packages as they are cheaper. Let’s go on ahead and see the plans to choose from.
- Hatchling Plan
The Hatchling Plan costs about $2.75 per month. The Hatchling Plan consists of the customary single domain per account type of hosting and has unmetered bandwidth. You are allowed to only host 1 site with it, not more and not less. This plan is good and suitable for beginners and when your business grows then you can upgrade to Baby Plan package. Sign up for Hostgator Hatchling Plan.
2. Baby Plan
The Baby Plan costs about $5.95 per month. With the Baby Plan, you are allowed to host unlimited domains and unmetered bandwidth under the same account. This plan is good for when your business is really growing. Sign up for Hostgator Baby Plan.
3. Business Plan
The Business Plan costs around $5.95 per month. This package comes with unlimited domains, unmetered bandwidth, free positive SSL and data bases, free dedicated IP, free VoIP phone service. The SSL certificate is only needed for data encryptions for security reasons. You really don’t need it as Hostgator and PayPal already have their own. Hostgator offers a 45 day money back guarantee. Sign up for Hostgator Business Plan.
In the additional service section, ensure you uncheck everything. Most of the paid add-ons are not worth is as we have the complementary free alternatives.
Once you are satisfied, click on “Create Account.” Depending on your payment method, you will be taken to the PayPal payment page, or the “successful order placed” page.
In about a minute you will receive an email from Hostgator confirming your order, and within an hour you will be receiving a call with your new hosting account details.
As you can see for yourself, you have a choice of paying monthly, per year, 2 years and 3 years. It is cheaper if you pay yearly or pay a package of 2 years or 3 years. Remember that Hostgator gives out specials and coupons from time to time as well. Note that The Hatchling Plan allows only 1 domain whilst the Baby and Business Plans allow unlimited domains. If you are in future going to own an ecommerce website or collect payment from clients then the Business Plan is for you. If not, then stick to the Baby Plan because it is perfect. You are allowed to upgrade from Hatchling Plan to Baby and or Business if you want to. Hostgator will ask you to upgrade for free.
How to Create a Blog with Hostgator
If you want to learn how to create a blog using Hostgator visit this article I wrote.