Social media is a great way to bring traffic to your blog. Out of a lot of social media websites, Pinterest is among a very good traffic driving social websites. So let’s see how you can use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social network that allows you to save a lot of stuff from the internet. You can save stuff like food recipes, style,DIY ideas,fashion, wedding stuff,house decoration ideas etc. when you find cool stuff in the net, you could save or pin it on the same place(board) and come back later to view it.To learn how to open a Pinterest account click here.
1. Always create different Board for your articles.
Create a blog for specific blog articles to make it easier for your followers. Make sure when you name your board you use relevant keywords so that your blog may show in search engines.
2. Always “Pin”your posts to your blog board after writing your posts or articles.
Do not forget to include a brief summary, picture as well as a direct link from your article.
3. Put nice images.
Pinterest is all about great and standing out visuals.Images or pictures will appeal to most pinners. Readers will click through your pictures and then get connected to your blog thus bringing traffic.
4. Pin original content.
5. Follow your followers as well.
6. Re-Pin popular industry leaders and big shots of same content as yours of course.
7. Don’t forget to use #hashtags.
8. Create “contest” pin boards as well.
Contests boards are engaging will bring pinners back to your blog as well as drive a lot of traffic to your blog.
9. Engage with your Pinners.
The more you engage with people on Pinterest, the more likely they’ll also want to connect with you on your blog and other sites thus bringing more traffic to your blogs.
10. Include a “Pin it” button on your blog or site.